Cardio Workouts and HIIT Training for Brainstorming and Problem-Solving Pt 1

By
My brainstorming during a cardio workout, especially Insanity or Asylum, or Zuzuka Light's ZWOWs is a sight to behold. I have my notepad nearby, and every idea I get, I write or scribble it down. The notepads do get soggy with sweat though. But it's quite amazing the things I write down when I'm energized and at optimum level, compared to the day's end, when I'm tired. The difference between states of mind is quite a contrast, like night and day.

If I don't have enough time to do a proper Insanity session or 30 minute to an hour cardio session, I take my gym boss interval timer, and set my time to 3 minute workout intervals, and 1 minute rest intervals, and start getting creative. When I say creative, it's in the sense that I get various exercises from the various exercise programs such as Insanity, P90X and ZWOW workouts, and mix and match them to fit into the 3 minute workout intervals. I usually record the number of reps I perform, and try my best to out-do myself in the following exercise session.

Running is foundation of my workout sessions, as I might go jogging or sprinting up-hill or up some flights of steps for 10 minutes, before I commence my main workout. I love the up-hill or stair run challenge because nothing winds you quicker as you are going against gravity. It is quite a humbling experience to say the least. I aim for 15 reps up and down the stairs (one rep being an upwards and downwards climb combination). By the time I'm on my sixth rep, I am winded, depending on my state of health (recently I've been getting a bit too many respiratory infections; I think I'd have to boost my glutamine intake for my immune system, as I do have a tendency to over train).

My second set of stair-cardio involves running up the stairs in 3-stair intervals, almost like a leap. These are a bit easier than the regular stair sprints, although they involve some stretching and a bit of explosive power.

The 3rd set of my stair-cardio routine involves power jumping up the stairs. These aren't your regular stationary power jumps, they are moving power jumps, and not just moving on a flat surface, moving on an inclined surface. Let me warn you folks, these are killers. I'm feeling the burn just thinking about them. After about my 3rd rep, I am winded, but I'm buzzing because the endorphins are starting to be released. I'll have to record a video of myself performing these exercises for you to catch a glimpse of my performance and state of health.

As a bonus, I like to throw in some skipping to end the cardio workout session. Skipping can be quite challenging although it looks easy. You would think that trying to jump over a piece or rope or cable would be so much work, especially when you're looking at 100 or more reps.

You could provide yourself with an extra challenge by doing the sets for a second round. You could even mix up the order. For example:

· Round 1:
- Stair runs x15 reps;
- Stair lunges x20 reps
- Stair hops/ moving power jumps x10 reps
- Skipping x300 reps
· Round 2:
- Skipping x300 reps
- Stair hops x20 reps
- Stair lunges x20 reps
- Stair runs x15 reps

All this takes about 20 minutes to complete if you do add in Round 2. You can test it out, tweak it to your benefit, add more exercises and variations if you like, but all I ask is that you don't cheat yourself out of a good workout.

Here's my challenge to you: try some cardio on a morning, first thing as you wake up after your prayers/morning meditation, and focus on a problem while working out. Believe me, the ideas and solutions will begin manifesting, especially after your first ten minutes when the endorphins start flooding your brain.

I know it can be hard sometimes to fit in a workout, especially if you have a busy schedule.
Never fear, you can get fitness motivation and workout routines from this site dedicated to health and fitness solutions.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kofi_Kolanutt